Arm, Hand and Wrist Pain
Arm, hand, and wrist pain is discomfort or tenderness that is felt throughout the arm and hand including the wrist, shoulder, and elbow. You may feel a sudden ache, then the pain will gradually increase. It can be treated with chiropractic care.
• De Quervain’s Tendinitis – is pain on the thumb. The pain can pass through the thumb, up to the forearm and may start suddenly or develop gradually. As a result, it is painful to make a fist, turn your wrist, or hold objects.
The pain can be from swelling of the wrist tendons. Overuse and repetitive activities are the main causes for de Quervain’s.
• Carpal Tunnel Syndrome – is pain in the palm, wrist, fingers and forearm. The pain may get worse during the night. It can cause a tingling sensation, weakness and numbness in the arm and hand areas, as well as the thumb, index finger and middle finger. As a result, you may find it difficult to hold objects.
The median nerve controls the sensation and muscle impulse in the thumb and the fingers. When the median nerve is constricted because of irritation, inflammation, and swelling, pain is experienced.
• Fractures – a fracture can bring about arm and hand pain. You may also have stiffness, loss of movement and inflammation after a fracture.
Arthritis – this is the number one source of hand and arm pain. Most of the cartilage that allows the joints to move against each other is deteriorating.
Types of Fractures
– Simple: characterized by aligned and stable broken bone.
– Complex: a break in the bone that causes the bone to move from the normal place.
– Compound: break through the skin.
Short-term treatments include casts or wrist and hand support.
Chiropractic treatment and therapy can relieve arm and hand pain. Chiropractors are able to investigate and locate any potential obstruction in your spinal vertebrae that may be causing compression of the nerves. The nerve compression may be the reason for pain in arm and hand.
At Beyond Wellness Chiropractic Center, you will always receive care promptly. We strive for safe and effective treatment.
You can make an appointment and talk to our top-rated chiropractor at Beyond Wellness.