Mid Back Pain
The mid back has twelve thoracic vertebrae. The structure is supported by the interconnecting facet joints and discs, muscles, ligaments and tendons. They allow the movement in the spine. The ribs which wrap around the body attach to each vertebra, and the mid back does not allow flexibility. The mid back is not susceptible to wear and tear type problems because of its rigid structure. It is designed to protect the vital organs and the spinal cord.
Causes of Mid Back Pain
• Muscle strain, overuse, or injury to the muscles, discs, and ligaments that support your spine.
• Improper posture
• Herniated or bulging discs
• Fracture in the vertebrae
• Osteoarthritis caused by the disruption of cartilage that protects the small facet joints in the spine
• Inflammation of connective tissue of muscles
Symptoms of Mid Back Pain:
• Muscle rigidity
• Weakness in arms or legs
• Tingling sensation, or numbness in arms, legs, belly, or chest
• Loss of bladder control
How to prevent mid back pain?
The most common causes of mid back pain are strained postures. Here are the precautions that you can take to prevent the problem:
• Take frequent breaks
• Adjust your posture – whenever you feel your middle back and shoulders are bending forward, change your position. Gently stretch in the reverse direction, move your shoulders, and clasp your shoulder blades together.
• Make some adjustments – when you are sitting in front of your computer, set your monitor to eye level. Be sure that your knees are lower than your hips, and your feet rested on the floor. It is better to use a chair with armrests.
• Avoid sleeping on your stomach. This sleeping position tends to twist the neck that caused pressure on the vertebrae.
There are various causes of back pain, but stress often plays a part. Emotional stress in the form of anger, fear, or worry all produce stress in your body.
Chiropractic treatment is a natural healing approach that does not involve drugs. It focuses on improving the performance of skeletal bones and joints. If skeletal joints are misaligned, swelling of your muscles and nerves will take place, and that will bring about the pain, weakness, or numbness in any parts of your body. A mild chiropractic adjustment is administered to the part of the spine that is misaligned and causing the pain. It really helps restore your optimum health in a natural way.
Chiropractors do a mechanical approach. It is not just curing the pain superficially but they look deeply to find the root cause of the pain and get rid of it permanently.
Chiropractors restore joint and nerve function by correcting spinal misalignments. They can clearly recognize the underlying causes by doing gentle spinal adjustments without the use of drugs and medications.The doctor will perform a physical exam that provides enough insight into the exact nature of the problem. Your chiropractor will then thoroughly explain the results. The chiropractor will also develop a plan to rectify underlying issues. He or she will implement the treatment by doing gentle adjustments to malfunctioning areas.
If you are suffering from mid back pain, call Beyond Wellness Chiropractic Center in Charlotte, NC. We will surely help you reach your optimal health.